Sunday, August 6, 2017

Beckham Mark Thornock

 Boy what a crazy labor! Okay so here's how everything went.  I had Cholestasis of pregnancy which is where my liver doesn't release the bile salts like they should so the bile salts just build up and make you really itchy especially in the hands and feet. I had been on medication for about a month or so and it helped take away the itch for a little bit but then it all started to come back.  I was so tired, and pretty useless haha. We had to plan a c section for 3 weeks early because the cholestasis triples your chance of having a stillborn.
 Well, Beck decided to come 5 weeks early! I was sitting with my primary class and all of a sudden I had contractions come hard and a few minutes apart.  I text JD to let him know and told Heather I might need someone to come take over my class.  I ended up putting my feet up and eating a sucker hoping the contractions would go away.  After church we drove around looking at neighborhoods and I told JD we needed to go home because the driving was starting to hurt.
 I layed down on the bed, JD gave me a blessing and I tried to go to sleep.  The contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes so I decided to call the doctor.  He told me he wanted me to go in because of the cholestasis and get checked.  Lance and Heather came right over and I was in tears because I couldn't believe what was happening.  I got checked in and dressed.  At that point the contractions were every minute and were so hard and painful.  The nurses checked me and I was already dilated to a 6.  This was all so new to me because I am usually in labor for 3 days before going to the hospital, and I never dilate like that on my own! It was so bizarre.  When the doctor got there i didn't even want to talk.  The baby's heart rate was pretty low so they could tell he was in distress so the doctor said we need to get to the operation room right then.  They pulled me in and gave me my epidural and started with the c section. I later found out that there was meconium (? Poop) in the sack and Beck was very distressed.  I also had a uterin rupture and lost a lot of blood.  The doctors did so well I never even knew there was anything going on.  So I went into the hospital around 2:30 and Beck was here at 4:30!  Such a crazy whirlwind. He was 6 lbs 2 oz and 19 3/4 inches                        
 My parents had to hurry and change their flight so they could come, but they didn't get there until midnight the next day so the kids were with Lance and Heather for a couple nights and they loved it.
We were actually able to go home after just 2 days which I loved because I was so dang tired from everyone coming in in the middle of the night.
 My parents spoiled my kids rotten with swimming, sea world, new toys, and happy meals!
I didn't get nearly as many photos as I wanted to of his first weeks because i've had a really hard time recovering this time around.  I could barely move at all and when I did it was so painful! My feet also swelled up like CRAZY it was hilarious haha!  Beck has been a dream! He eats every 2 hours on the dot day or night.  He is passed around all day between me and Jd and the girls.

 Quinn isn't so sure about Beck yet.  She loves him, but I couldn't hold anything but him for the first month so she hated that and I think it made her mad at me and resent the baby.

We love love this sweet boy so much! He has really completed our family and we are so grateful that everything went okay and that Beck is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment