Monday, July 13, 2015

Hiking the Y

 The kids and I made a summer live list.  Just things we want to do to make our summer fun and memorable!  I put hike the Y in the list because i've been dying to go ever since we moved back. I wasn't sure if I was going to go because I couldn't get anyone to go with me and the kids and I was nervous to go alone.  But, at 6 one friday morning I decided we were just gonna do it! I packed a few things, woke up the kids and we were down there by 8:20.  It started out great.  I gave the kids a few M&Ms at every switch back to keep them going.  After a bit, Kenedi started complaining a little.  Then she found a potato bug and went into her own little world for the rest of the trip. Seriously, not one complaint or whine from her mouth for the rest of the time because of that little bug!  Cale had to be carried every so often (super hard for me and my growing belly) And towards the end Macy was crying and telling me how bad her legs hurt.  We could finally see the Y, so I asked Macy if she thought she could make it up one more steep hill.  That sweet girl has some fight in her so she stood up and right then Cale said "uh-oh I need to poop"  DANG  I was very nervous to risk it with him because he was so newly potty trained so I grabbed a photo and walked away disapointed that we weren't going to make it to the top.  Then I noticed a smaller trail that led to the bottom of the Y, so I quickly grabbed the kids and we ran over just so we could touch it.  We ended up staying and having a snack before heading back down.  Cale held his poopies the whole way and the experience was so awesome!!  I can't wait to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment